Are you looking for a comfortable, chic way to show off your style in workplace-appropriate kicks? When it comes to finding footwear that works for both your job and your wardrobe, selecting the right pair of shoes can be hard — especially if they're heels. What can you wear all day that's easy on your feet and inoffensive in the office?
If you think you're stuck sacrificing style for a plain pair of flats and loafers every day, think again. The right pair of women's heels can work for work, your wardrobe and your comfort — if you know where to look. From picking and styling your heels for work to the right outfits to wear them with, here's your guide to heels at work.
What to Look for in Women's Heels for Work
No matter where you go, you want to look and feel your best — and your fashion and footwear are a big part of that. But if you dress to impress and end up in heels you can't handle, you won't be able to put your best foot forward. You shouldn't be strutting through the hallway like it's a runway, showing off your legs to your coworkers and risking sore feet because you chose your best night-out shoes instead of office-friendly heels. Staying confident and comfortable in the workplace is key, and your shoes should contribute to that.
Here are the qualities to search for in office-appropriate heels:
- A Modest But Noticeable Heel: Everyone loves height — except maybe your boss. There's a time and place for especially high heels, and the office isn't one of them. At the same time, we know you want to show a little sass and still feel feminine. To be safe and still stylish, opt for heels with a lower height — we recommend going no higher than 3.5 inches.
View this post on Instagram
All of the hottest trends in one gorgeous pump! This sling back mid-heel has a fun architectural heel and subtle leopard print, to keep you stylish and chic. 👠⠀ #shoeinn #heels #pumps #highheels #fashionaddict #styleiswhat #glamsquad #workfashion #nycfashionblog #quietthechaos #nyclifestyle #shoestagram #shoelover #shoesaholic #fashionaddicted #instafashion #citylife #whatiwore #currentlywearing #styleblogger #stylediary #aboutalook #nycbloggers #fashionista
- A Versatile Design: We know you love a little bold print and some straps — who doesn't? But for a work setting, stick to solid colors or subtle designs to complement your wardrobe without making the wrong statement.
- A Comfortable Fit: A shoe only has it all when it feels right on your feet. You'll be wearing your work heels all day, so make sure they have a comfortable fit and are easy to walk in.
Work Fashion for Women — The Best Heels to Wear
Need some inspiration for styling your heels for work? Shoe-Inn offers the style, quality and comfort you need to make the best footwear choice for work and your wardrobe. Here are a few of our shoe styles that really work in the office:
- Kenley: With a 2.5-inch heel and a classy ankle strap, these elegant Pelle Moda shoes are perfect for the work week. Pair them with a pencil skirt or some flared trousers for a modern, mature look.
- Nikole: With a perfectly pointy toe and a 3.5-inch stiletto heel, these leather pumps offer both sass and sophistication. Wear these slightly higher heels with a mid-length skirt or a long, drapy pair of pants.
- Berky: When you want a subtle but still stylish shoe to get you through the day, this block heel has the shine and sleek shape you need. Pair them with boot-cut trousers and a blouse for a sophisticated look.
Find Women's Heels for Work at Shoe-Inn
When you're looking for the best women's heels for work, Shoe-Inn has you covered. With top brands and exclusive designs from around the world, we make it our mission to deliver the most fashionable women's footwear anywhere. Shop our stunning collection of pumps to find your favorite new work heels today.